Friday, August 18, 2006

Feels good

It feels good to know its Friday. Friday the night of staying up late scrapping (wont happen tonight though, gotta proof two shoots tonight) sleeping in on Saturdays and cleaning in my jammies, and mowing the lawn WITH my son's help! One advantage of him getting older I tell ya. I am so lucky to have him, he does all his chores without ANY complaining! Really he does. We have a point system in out house. You have everyday chores that you do no matter what. Weekly chores are expected also. IF the boys do the weekly chores when they are told without whining or dilly dallying I give them a star. IF they do something above and beyond on their own they get two stars. Like just jumping in and helping mom. After one hundred stars they get a treat. Chris is on his SECOND set of stars this year. Taylor bless his heart has 65. I love Taylor but boy does he WHINE!!  He HATES cleaning, LOL....its a struggle to get him going.



Today we had "meet the teacher" for Taylor. It gets him acquainted with his new teacher, desk placement, and room orientation. I love that idea. He will know EXACTLY where his class is on the first day and what is expected of him. FIRST grade. I am so proud of him! He likes his new teacher and felt very proud to visit the "old" teacher today. She gave him a big hug and admired how grown up he looked. He beamed. They didn't do this for Chris but I guess they figure he might know the ropes considering he his in the fourth grade. School starts Monday. Not a big adjustment for me not being a stay at home mom, but I know that my friend Darla who has been watching them this summer is extremely excited! LOL...She has had SIX kids to deal with during the day and deserves some "Darla" time. Thank you darling for everything you do for me!



I had a wonderful time last night!!! I did a shoot for a family that are just HOOTS! Crazy fun and imaginative! See some photos here.



Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I hope the boys had a fun summer with us, they are sweeties!! Great for Micheal to have some 'socialization' he he and Tiff and Chris just hit it right off from moment GO! Loved it all... but yes, 6 kids for the summer IS a lot and I am SO happy for school to start! Mwwahh! xoxo D

    ReplyDelete