Wednesday, January 3, 2007

It's time

Its now officially a new year.  A new year for my photography, work, kids, and creating. Of course there really isn't too much creating going on because my workspace is challenging. I have had it up to my earlobes of uncontrollable mess and space. I have tried my hand at several organizational items and only two work well for me. My 14x14 cubes in my closet and my wall of product. Everything else is a problem. My shelves are all wacky and not functional and my table takes up WAY to much space in my room. Its my regular old dining table and while its great for a workspace once I am in there there is NO MORE ROOM. Its time to change all this. The first stage will be purging. Taking ALL my stuff and going through all my drawers, papers, and embellies and getting rid of what i haven't used. I have too much stuff. Then it will be to draw up a design. figure out my key needs and address them. A friend and I were talking this morning and apparently the lower plain jane cabinets at Lowe's are only about 60 bucks a piece. I can use those and the laminate counter tops to make an L shape desk that  takes up much less room in my space. and with all the cabinets for storage I might have less chaos in the rest of the room. I have the tools to do this now...(thanks mom!!) and its time I do it! I cant actually purchase the bigger items till taxes come but soon! so wish me luck.....I'm gonna need it!



3 comments:

  1. Hello! Would you like to trade some things maybe? Or are you just going to purge and burn? I've been going through some of my stuff and giving it to my niece who doesn't have much money, and doesn't try to stay up on current trends as much as we do...anyway. Just a thought. Maybe box up what you don't want and bring it with you...We'll look at it...take what we could use (Danelle, Steph, Sally, myself) you can look through my stuff...take whatever you want...then I'll give the rest to Tami. Don't feel pressured though...whatever you want to do. I would really like to clean my mess up too...I need to burn all the paper stuff I save...printed layouts for inspiration, email stories, etc....that I never look at again, and couldn't find even if it was something I could use. I'm going to start scanning my exchange cards so I can use them, but still have the ideas....as soon as I get that new computer...what do you think? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU SISTER! WE ARE WELL ON OUR WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin! I just found the link to your blog from Heather's, and I am so glad to hav found it! Your photography is beautiful!!! So glad to find someone local with a blog! I hear you on the organization thing...it is so hard to create when you have the nag of the mess buggin' you! I just recently updated my scrap area, and I got the pre-fab cabinets from Home Depot along with the pre-fab counter...and it turned out great! Super cheap and it works perfect! I wish you the best of luck in getting your room in shape! Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete