Monday, September 6, 2010

Wonderful stay home kind of labor day weekend

Its been a nice relaxing labor day. Saturday we hung out in the morning watching movies and then headed to my friend Darla's for a bbq and scrappin while the boys played in the water. I got THREE layouts done!


Sunday I cleaned in the morning, then made some cute halloween banners that I will share later this week.


This morning was spent just finishing up laundry and then playing the legend of zelda with the boys. Its the first one that I used to play with my little brother back in the day. We are having a blast with it and the boys are not even complaining about the graphics lol. Love that we can download some of my favorite games from the past onto the Wii!


I did take time out however to make Taylor this!!


Taylors recipes
I modge podged the crap out of it! It's an 8 1/2 x 11 american crafts three ring binder. I covered the front and back with some October afternoon paper. I have some flair I am going to attach to the title card just haven't done it yet. Taylor bakes and cooks so much I thought it would be fun to keep track of his favorites in this one place! He already picked out one of his faves and it just so happened to be the cookies and cream cake he made last weekend and I took pictures of it!! I will keep the inside pages pretty simple. I plan on always using the craft card stock as the back ground to make it flow through the book. Hopefully he will fill it up with not only recipes but some memories as well!


Taylors recipe
 



5 comments:

  1. love it and all the posting you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd have thought to start that when my son was younger! He's now a chef!
    I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a cute job - it is fun and he will love it after it is all full of delish treats and recipes! So cute! You are seriously the best Mom I know!
    XO
    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!!! I'll bet Taylor loves it, and I love the idea of carrying the craft paper through with patterned paper and embellies...and the photos with it. What an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Robin! Wonderful idea, and illustrated with HIS photos and finished projects. This will be important to him until he's 90! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete