Saturday, September 18, 2010

odd

If there was a contest among my professional friends for the strangest office phone call I would totally win after the phone call I got yesterday afternoon. The phone call wasn't on my line actually it was for the other agent in the office who is not only a professional acquaintance but also one of my very good friends. Here is how the conversation went.


ring ring


me: Farmers Insurance this is Robin! ( I am always smiling when answer the phone)


him: um, who is this? who did I reach?


me: Farmers Insurance


him: oh, well I am a student in Boise and someone from this number paged me yesterday.


me: ok well that would have been LaRee. Whats your name and I can find out what it might have been about? ( she was out of the office or I would have just asked)


him: well, um this might be funny question but is anyone there planning a bachelorette party?


me: no, not that I am aware of.


him: this may be really strange and I am almost embarrassed to say anything since this is probably a misunderstanding but well....as I said before I am a student in Boise but I am also an um......."entertainer". ( he used the quote marks in the air, I could just tell)


me: oh


me: oh well ( in my mind I was a little more shocked!!)


me: I guess what you are saying is you like to have fun at bachelorette parties? ( sheesh I am dumb)


him: well its not very fun, when you get paid to do it. (whatever!)


me: well I guess you have to pay for college some how? ( I am so shocked by now I am sympathetic???)


him: are you sure no one paged me from this number? ( he repeated it for me, and it was indeed          LaRee's number)


me: I can guarantee it. ( LaRee is a very sweet LDS lady)


him: well ok, sorry to have bothered you have a wonderful day!


me: holy crap you too!


Weirdest thing EVER!!!!!!!!


I win right????? RIGHT!!!??



1 comment:

  1. How did you keep from giggling? I would have been so embarassed that I'd have made a total ninny of my self. That is the funniest call ever. Do you think he was just trying to drum up buisness?

    ReplyDelete