Friday, September 15, 2006

Rain, bad news, and fantastic news!

OK first of all it is FREAKING raining. Not just raining but FREAKING raining. GUSHING, lightning, thunder the whole works, second~ MY WATER HEATER LEAKED! A hose on the top got a small little crack and started leaking early this morning. Thank goodness I found it this morning, even though it really threw a kink in the schedule, for me and my father, because we are leaving for the weekend and what a mess would that have been coming home to. My dad had to miss a meeting to fix it. Hopefully he CAN fix it. If not we have to call a plumber to get it fixed. AND THIRD......................................................................................................................



My photos are being featured in a local parade of homes! Parade of Homes is where new builders, artisans, and designers can put thier most recent work out for people to see. Its a big deal around here. BIG! The response has been wonderful. I just took over my business cards and the designer said that I may even have to make more! omg.....she let me go through this beautiful brand new home, probably the most beautiful home I have ever seen, so I could see all the places they have used my pictures. There was a set of ladies wandering around with me and they kept commenting on how much "fun" the pictures were. It took me a while to work up the courage to tell them they were mine. Keep your fingers crossed I get some business! It was so exciting to see my work in huge form! Love how they showcased them and thrilled people really like them! It was fun to walk into the bedrooms and see small photos tucked in here and there, almost like a treasure hunt. I'm still tingling!



6 comments:

  1. OMG - that is SOOOOO freaking exciting for you!!! You know how much I love your photography and now everyone else is going to, also!!! CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!!! This is it, kiddo - you're heading for the big time. Just remember us little folks who knew you when.
    Hugs, Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Robin!!! You are so talented so I am really not surprised that you are being discovered!
    Hope you got your water heater fixed without having to have a plumber.
    Congrats again!!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you can call yourself a professional photographer - break threw - congratulations and well done. So excited for you.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news for you! Now if you could just come to Paradise for a shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I know a celebrity! Just remember where your roots are girl!!! I'm so excited for you. How did you get hooked up in that? It's just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. talk about coincidence... (finding your blog- I saw it linked from Christy Tomlinsons). I got your name from the Parade of Homes, but they hadn't received your business cards yet. Then I panicked because I couldn't find your website, phone number, etc. So, yay, that Iclicked on your comment on Christy's blog!
    I *loved* your photos at the Wrights. I totally want to book a session w/ you next year. Loved the FUN, REAL pictures you did. Exactly what I'm looking for, but didn't think I could find! I'll bookmark you (if you don't mind) and contact you next year for photos (want warm weather, outside ones or I'd do it now!)

    ReplyDelete