Saturday, April 15, 2006

I think I am going to PUKe!!!

OK for about a week now my sons room has started to become a little rank. They did a good cleaning and I shampooed the carpet hoping that's all it was. The smell got stronger. I thought maybe it was from the toilet in their bathroom Nope toilet fine no leakage no smell in there. I just kept thinking it was food. There is a STRICT rule about NO food in bedrooms, Not even candy. So if they HAD taken food they were not owning up to it. Today I made them clean under the bottom bunk thinking I would find an empty yogurt cup or apple core and nothing!! But the smell was STILL there. HORRIBLE now. AS I leaned over to help them put the bottom bunk back in place (after vacuuming under and in the bed and the mattress just cuz we were there) I bent over next to the top bunk and WHAM something hit my shnoze! I lifted UP the mattress to see a zip-lock bag with a CHICKEN BREAST!!! a RAW one!! WTF!!! I scream for them to get me a garbage and THANK GOD in heaven the bag did not break open. WE got it thrown away and I made my OLDEST (his doing of the chicken) strip his bed and wash his sheets, VACUUM the the bed frame and mattress. WASH The HOLE bunk with Mr clean antibacterial soap THEN Clorox!!! WE fa-breezed everything and now he has a fan in the window hoping to suck some of the smell out. I am so furious I cant even look at HIM!! He says he remembers now what happened! He hid the chicken I had taken out to thaw for dinner cuz he didn't want it. OMG!! Am I aloud to clean bad thoughts out of his brain with a bottle washer??? I am soooooo mad and disgusted. I am glad we did this BEFORE the shower cuz NOW I just feel gross and smelly!!! I think he learned his lesson cuz he was BAWLING uncontrollably. I told him how lucky he was the bag didn't break into his mattress cuz that thing would have gone to the DUMP and he wouldn't have a bed for a LONG time.....



UGH.......the joys of fricken mother hood.



On a happier note. I am escaping the week of bad smells (see my post about the yucky apple candle below) and heading over to pappa and Gloria's house for Easter egg dying, and sloppy Joe lunch. (not really that hungry).



I will leave you with a pic of the child without the chicken problem on his bday!



Taylor_rock_on_web





3 comments:

  1. Well Robin dear... I think that indeed IS pretty dang gross... but I STILL think I have you one-upped with the WORM incident IYKWIM???? ack!!! barf!!! ick!!! gross!!!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh Robin I can soooo relate!!! Ben has this horrid habit of not emptying out his lunchbox from school. I found in his room a small garbage bin with about 3 months worth of food in it!! GROSS! I made him clean it up and he gagged. So then fast forward 3 months down the track and what do I find... more food in his lunchbag that he kept just adding new food on top of..... GROSSS!!!!!!! He gagged again and hasnt done it since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on the kid! It happens to all of us at one time or another and I promise you that someday you will look back at this and laugh. Besides- it's the everyday things like this that make such great scrapbook pages. I hope you took lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete