Friday, November 30, 2007

Twiterpation

I love the the fact that my oldest son feels so comfortable with me that he will let me read his love letters. He received a letter from a girl he has been engaged to since they were three. We all love her and know her family now because of their ..... um.... friend ship. If they grew up and actually married I would be thrilled. Course that is a LONG way away. Christopher has always included her in his future plans though. When he is done with college and when she only has one year left of college they will get married. I will be aloud to babysit when they go on 'dates' after they have kids. He told me once when he sees her he gets all tingly inside and feels like he can't breath. Dang if I didn't feel that way when I met his father.



Back to the letter though. We haven't had much contact with her lately because we have just been so busy with work and family stuff that our get togethers really haven't happened. You know going to the movies, going to pizza. The letter contains some heartfelt concern (on her part) that he has found another girlfriend. That is NOT the case and he told me so. She made him a necklace that is one of those break apart ones that says Best Friends. Well she said it should say boy friend and girl friend but that is not the point. The point is that these two kids actually think about each other when they are apart. What ten year old thinks past the end of his nose? (is that the right phrase here?) I wish that my son could have this forever, not the relationship necessary but the optimism of the whole package, the college, career, and loving family. He deserves it. We all do. I just wonder if the package will be with her......guess we have to wait 20 years to find out......



3 comments:

  1. 20 YEARS?? Do you seriously think he'll wait till' he is 30 to get married? Hee hee! I know you are *hoping* for that but come on, he is his fathers' son too! ROTF!!!!!
    Love that he has these feelings and is so heartfelt and mature about it!
    HUGS
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember being in "Love" when I was in the second grade...heavy stuff really. Have no idea where those boys (twins) ended up. It's pretty cool that he's so willing to wait and work through things first though...give him points for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my childhood sweetheart. His name was Tim. His mother made him take back the ring he gave me, as she was not done with it yet. It also didn't fit my little hand very well. We moved from California and 5 years later I met my second very serious love. His name...Tim.
    I surely love Chris even more for the quality of dreams for the future he has, for being so mature in his attitude of waiting for marriage until college is done so that a good foundation for life is in place. Wow. I am so proud. And if this young lady brings these positive qualities out in him, then I do hope she is part of the family some day and forevever.
    Makes "old" age sweeter, knowing what amazing children and grandchildren I have.

    ReplyDelete