Friday, September 28, 2007

kohls....i miss my pan

80163saute So i am in Kohl's this afternoon on my lunch hour. They are having a great sale on just about everything so I went in to get the boys some warmer clothes for the fall that has 'fallen' upon us so fast. The boys are so into all this 'stuff' on their shirts and I hate it. Kohl's has 'cool' clothes that we can all compromise with. Nicer clothes at walmart prices during their sales. I have yet to wash a shirt from Kohl's and have it fall apart! Plus huh? So any way onto the pan.



As I finished up on the boy's shopping I hopped on over to the kitchen area and found a fantastic 12 inch skillet and immediately wanted it. I have never bought a new pan. I have farberware hand me downs that are not to bad, but this is one of those cool big ones like you see all the chefs use on top chef and the food channel. I KNOW it will make my food taste JUST like theirs. So I have to have it you see. Well they had it priced clear down to 40 bucks!! It normally sells for 70, the cute little sign above it says so. Well I went to grab it and noticed the price tag on the lid said $245.00. Um WTH!? So after much searching I finally find a Kohl's employee to help me. I tell her I want 'this' pot for this price (see my chubby finger pointing to the 39.99?)



she said, 'oh, we don't sell that by itself. That price is for the WHOLE set."



"Oh yes you do" I say. "It says right here (still pointing with my chubby finger), I just want this one."



she says, "let me go see if I have one in the back. did you not see another one out?"



"No, thats why I found you" i say.



She runs to the back and comes back 10 minutes later to tell me they don't have any.



"can I just have this one here then? With the correct price?" I ask.



"well thats our display.....its not for sale...."



ugh....i told her fine I will just walk next door and get one at bed bath and beyond. I didn't but she doesn't need to know that....



3 comments:

  1. You went shopping?
    In order to get to Kohls from your office, you had to have driven practically right past my house! What the heck? Why didnt you stop and get me????
    Thats it Robin - I might just have to break up with you for this one! LOL!
    I would LOVE new pans too! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have become a Khol's addict and yes, their prices (sale) are comp to WM and much better quality AND style... however, I have found their cust serv to be less than, um, satisfactory??? My sil swears they are the end all to be all for cust serv but I have yet to see it. HOWEVER - on a happy note, my sis and I went in a week or so ago looking for a George Foreman grill, family size, and she ended up getting a heck of a deal on it and we too had to go in search of help and he was none to wonderful to work with... but she still got a great price. Darnnnit! You'll have to keep an eye open!
    HUGS Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have a Kohl's to shop at...quit whining...would you? You could live in Burley and have the one and only WalMart to shop at...I'll have to keep my eye open for a BIG skillet.

    ReplyDelete