Friday, August 17, 2007

its all worth it right?

Bracelets_002_5 Tell me it is. I have been to my house everyday for the past two weeks (since they put it on the foundation) I can't go inside, at least not till the loan closes. I have peeked in all the windows, moved my furniture around in my head, decided the boys deserve their own rooms so i no longer have a scrap room. I know....shocking. But I think I have it figured out. Its going to take a LOT of purging but I think I have figured out a way to put my stuff in the family room tucked into the corner. This way I can be with the boys while they play and maybe even scrap more. It will all work out. The boys are excited now that they have their own rooms. Chris will get the top bunk of their current bed that will have space underneath for bean bag chair and his play station. Taylor will have room for toys and his own space. It may take them a while to get used to but dang Chris needs some place to be alone. Taylor wont leave him alone and he is starting to get to the age where he just wants to go to his room and read, play game boy do is homework ect. He's a good kid and he deserves it. I am getting a whole new house, he should get his own room.



Anyway. There is no outside water at my house. I walked around it 3 times last night just to make sure. They did not put any spigots on the outside of the house. There are outlets, but no spigots. I called them, they said that wasn't in the deal. WTF!! I mean REALLY people. They said they could have a guy out in a week to a week and a half to do it, but they would have to charge me. I told them forget it I will get my own guy. I called the plumber that has helped us out in the past and he said he would go look and that he could probably have it done TODAY. Yeah that is customer service baby! So my lawn (if it ever comes back) WONT die...and the trees I plant THIS fall will make it to another summer. lol...and I can still spray my kids down when they get muddy. Life is good.



I have yet to hear when the final walk through is. When I spoke to them this afternoon they said, we are going to look at the schedule and call you back. Right....they never call back. When i do the final walk through I am going through it with a FINE tooth comb. I am flushing EVERY toilet, turning on EVERY faucet, Starting the dishwasher, turning on EVERY light, checking ALL the caulking and paint and CARPET. I think I will roll around in every room to see if it wrinkles up. Anything and I mean ANYTHING wrong and they will fix it before I sign. I am paying for this house and dang it, IT WILL be right!



Can you tell I am a little upset by all this. Did I even tell you guys what it took to get the electricity hooked up? I can't remember but the water spigot thing was nothing compared to the electrical. Tomorrow morning I am going to start putting the fence back up. I miss my puppy and can't wait to have him back but it can't happen till we get the fence back in!! Hopefully moving day is next Saturday!!!! YEAH!!!



The boys start school on Monday. Scary my kids are so old. Scary I am so old.....They are all ready.Boys_first_day_2006  Taylor even had his 'meet the teacher' today. We got to bring in school supplies early and meet the new teacher, see the desks and stuff like that. We actually know his teacher very well. Chris had her in second and I volunteered that year for art mom, and she is just lovely. She is strict though. She demands the respect of the kids but treats them like adults and they respond very well to it. Taylor may have a LITTLE trouble with this. So we shall see how it goes. This picture was from the first day last year. It will be fun to see the difference a year has made. Mostly on thier hair I think. They have both decided to grow it out this year. I have agreed as long as they take care of it. We are not talking kiss long we are talking "that seventies show" long. Its the style again. I told them we would try it! lol.....



My email is flubbed up. I am not receiving any emails!!! I am not ignoring you!! i promise. I have had like two emails come through in a week! Could someone test it out and email me!!!!???



1 comment:

  1. You are SO dang cute! Hey, if you want, I bet Lisa would walk thru the house with you before you sign too... she has a tendancy to notice things that no one else does... just an idea, I'm sure she'd do it for ya.
    SO excited for the house, for you, for the boys, for Sparky too! It is all going so fast.... really, I know, to you it is dragging but I am seeing it come together and I am giddy happy for ya!
    Ready for school too. Soooo ready. Enough said.
    Later, enjoy your weekend!
    Darla

    ReplyDelete