Saturday, November 27, 2010

Inpector Gadget









Yesterday mid morning (11) me and the boys met my Realtor and the home inspector at the house to do a thorough inspection of the building. He spent FOUR hours with me showing me how things work and what its all for and all the little things that need to be done. There really is not much at all. Building up a little more grade around the side of the house and using water guards on the rain gutters. That's the MOST pressing thing that needs to be done. He said that the house is in his top 5 percent of homes he has inspected! He said were are getting an amazing house! What a relief! I was just so impressed with how patient he was explaining so much of all the mechanics and answering all my questions no matter how dumb they were. I would recommend him to ANYONE and he even does inspections for homes you currently live in. So if you have something amiss and just need to find out why or what to do he is the man to call. I took a ton of his cards for my office.

My boys came with me to the inspections because they hadn't even seen it yet! We did not want to dilly dally on making an offer since its such a good by so I hadn't had time to take them through it yet. The loved it! They picked out their rooms and I picked out paint colors in my head. The house was well taken care of, but it needs a GOOD scrubbing, and new paint. Good thing is I can paint while I live there. Take one room at a time. I will struggle a bit with the main parts of the home since its vaulted ceiling so may have to hire someone to come help with that but other than that we will be good to just move in! The master bedroom has one nasty stain but that can be replaced in the next couple years.
As we were leaving the house we met the next door neighbors who were playing out in the front yard in the snow. We already know them!! The Lady is Christopher's favorite teacher from 7Th grade!!!!! How nice to know that we will have such nice neighbors! Her husband already gave Chris the job of blowing his snow which is just fine with Chris! AND I have also found that another friend lives a few blocks away! Now to just get my house rented!

Now to get my mom moved!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that she can retire soon!

Today I am cleaning house and doing some laundry. Also want to finish up the Christmas cards I started so that I have them ready before I need to pack my scrap area!
Have a good Saturday!




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas present for your entire family Robin! The house looks lovely and I know you will make it HOME SWEET HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house...it looks wonderful. Is the fireplace in both rooms? Like open from both sides? It looks like maybe it is. Love the tile work and the built in desks....Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete