Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lots of little things today

I had one good mommy choice today. Well, at least Taylor's kindergarten teacher said I did. He got a beautiful walking stick from pappa and HAD to take it for show-n-tell. Course it could be a weapon in the hands of a five year old so I took it in for him before the bell and she said I had a made a good mommy choice. Thought about that on the way back to the car. "A good mommy choice"....do I make those all the time. or is it a hit and miss. Is it a good mommy choice to let the kids trash my living room and then fight with them to get it cleaned? Is it a good mommy choice to allow Taylor to sneak into bed with me in the middle of the night? Is it a good choice to put them in soccer knowing that our spring schedule will be EXTREMELY hectic with two different practice schedules, and different game schedule? We make choices everyday. I don't think we know if they were good ones or bad ones for awhile. I hope my choices are the right ones and if they are wrong that I learn from them.



My trunk in my car is clean. This in itself is a miracle! REALLY, just ask my father.



Parent teacher conferences next week. yay.



My dad's cousin has a huge scrapbook store in Kansas! NEVER knew that! I made him a "camping" mini book for father's day last year that he keeps in his motor home. He was on a big family camping trip in Arizona the last few weeks and of course showed it around. She was THRILLED and gave dad her card she has and on line store that is STOCKED! LOTS of product! See her store here. Do you think dad would let me have a week off to see her store? LOL....probably not!!



2 comments:

  1. I think from reading your blog you do make lots of "good mommy choices".
    A wise man once told me, "you can go broke keeping your kids in sports while they are young and it drives you crazy, or you can pay the bail to get them out of jail when they are older and it will drive you crazy" It's a choice. I think a good mommy choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jayne! I love that quote. I am putting it in my quote book!

    ReplyDelete