Friday, March 19, 2010

crappy job

i make cards. I actually make quite a bit. Really. I have an organized filing system full of them. Some are not even made by me. My problem? I don't send them out. I send out the Christmas cards, and a few birthdays. Mostly to my mom ( hi mom), to my mother in law ( Hi Lois) and to my friend and fellow scrapper/card maker friend (hi Sarah). I don't send them to anyone else. I guess I don't' think that anyone else will care. They won't "get it" I think to myself and then i put the card back into the slot it belongs in. This last week I have organized my scrap area a bit and decided to weed out some cards. I took a lot out. A lot. The ones that didn't really turn out, the ones that were so old they were falling apart. And then. I sent some out. I sent one to a great grandma for her birthday, one to my father in law, one to a niece and one to a brother in law. I just did it. So from now on dang it. I am using the cards. If I happen to know your birthday you will probably get one this year. I am sure of it. Well almost sure. Ok you MIGHT get a card.


CHALLENGE:


Make a card from one of these Valarie Salmon Sketches. Send it!! Check to see if there is a bday coming up or make it an Easter card. Then get it OUT in the mail. Post your card link for me and I will randomly pick a winner for some random scrapbook treats!! Deadline Sunday at Midnight.



Vsalmon-sketch83 Vsalmon-sketch86


Robin
 



5 comments:

  1. Great...that won't be too hard. Of course, I've already got all my March cards addressed and either mailed or ready to mail. But, maybe just a Thinking of you would be okay? Loved the card you sent Jeff and my Thank you...that turned out really cute.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! :) Thanks for the challenge, Robin. I do the same as you...make them and then they sit there. LOL
    On my blog.
    http://scrapendipity.blogspot.com
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I did two and couldn't decide but finally chose the "love" card... here ya go! (Shar, yours is gorgeous!)
    Darla
    http://forcedoptimism.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-cards-for-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I finally got myself to make a couple of cards. I'm posting them on my blog. Here's a link so everyone can see them. I love Graphic 45 paper...don't you?
    http://flwblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete