Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dec 5


IMG_0104web IMG_0110web IMG_0116web



I was up by 7 wanting to get the cake done. I was totally worried I wouldn't have enough fondant for the strips and polka dots. I had some learning experiences and needed the boys help here and there but I go it done!! LOVE how it turned out! Wish the fondant was a little smoother but all in all I think its pretty good!




Dec 4


IMG_0101


IMG_0102

 


Darla came back over tonight to work on some more of her Christmas project. Tiff and Micheal came with her and later her oldest son Chris showed up with treats! My Chris was sick in bed and missed the whole thing. I butter-creamed all three layers of the baby shower cake and fondant them for decoration tomorrow morning.






dec 3


Darla came over tonight to start a Christmas project. She need to borrow my sewing machine. I helped her do some while baking the cake for the cake I am making for Darla's friends baby shower. It will be three tiered and I hope it turns out ok!



3 comments:

  1. Heavens, Robin. That is a GORGEOUS cake! I have never tried fondant frosting for decorations, but I know it is a bit involved. The cake looks smooth as a baby's bottom and so sweet! 3 layers, and with company and activity going on all around as well.
    Hope Chris is done being sick for years now, poor kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable cake! So here's the deal. If I EVER get to have a grandchild, you have to come to Florida to make the cake AND take family photos..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your cake...way to go. Love it...and love that you emailed me a pic so I could see it this weekend. Got my tree up and the house mostly decorated yesterday. I'll be poting some pics soon. Tonight is our dippin' chocolate's night. Hope Chris is feeling better. Hope he didn't get my cold..I'm sure he didn't...I still have it!

    ReplyDelete