Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bing Crosby makes me cry....

I am already in full swing for Christmas. No decorations yet or anything but I am in full swing on the shopping, making, wrapping and enjoying!! I am not ashamed to admit it. I am an adult now I can do what I want. If I want to listen to Christmas music in the middle of November i can! And i am. Of course the wonderful round of Bing Crosby singing white Christmas while my aunt flo is visiting is not a good combination. Its like watching a Hallmark commercial, you know the one where the big brother is away at war but makes it home Christmas morning to surprise his little sister. K, he may not have been at war but he was gone a long time ok. Any way....a good Bing Crosby makes me bawl, and get goose bumps.


My mom used to have these fantastic records that she would play at Christmas. Bing Crosby of course, Perry Como, Johny Mathis to name a few, and I still have them. I don't use them, but they are in a box in my closet. I will never let them go. Even now if there isn't a swing band in the music I usually don't listen to it. I might listen to a few different cd's at Christmas but I head right back to that era. That feels like Christmas to me. Oh that and THIS cd....All TIME FAVORITE FROM THE TIME I WAS ABOUT 4!  I know all the songs by heart AND what order they come in. I would shut myself up in my bedroom and listen to my mothers tape over and over and over again (oh wait that was lastnight with my IPOD) AND SING!! Constantly. You were so patient mom. Thanks for letting me do that!  



3 comments:

  1. Oh THAT fuzzy sock!! LOL There are wonderful advantages to being a grown up, it's true. What a great one you turned out to be, too. Let me be the first?
    "MERRY CHRISTMAS, ROBIN!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand, I was thrilled to find the Grinch soundtrack on CD a few years ago. The old Grinch, not the new fangled one.
    I Love old Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the old swing style Christmas music too...and I have alot of the CD's. And the old records out in the garage. Too bad you can't find needles for the phonographs. I have so many fav's now. I need to load them up on my iPod. Thanks for reminding me how I need to get it all out...

    ReplyDelete