Tuesday, October 9, 2007

big rest

well as the world around me sat in a snowy wonderland Saturday I chose to stay indoors. I did venture out to take the before mentioned pictures but that was IT. I did not set foot out of my house till Monday morning. As I watched the evening news that night I realized that staying in was a smart thing to do. We had fallen trees and icy streets, and closed highways. Then I read this story today. I am so glad my weekend did not go like my friend Darla's. Yikes....



my weekend was spent playing games, cleaning, doing laundry and yes scrapping....thank goodness! I am loving having my scrap space in my family room. At first I wasn't too sure but its so nice to 'be' with my kids while I work. They give me more time to do it and we actually enjoy being in the same room even if they are reading or watching TV. I spent a lot of Sunday going through my embellies and organizing them. Its nice to know what I have and where.



here are some of my recent creations!



this BOO was made using mostly mm stuff. Sorry for the yucky pic.



Boo



next one is a little mini book made to stand up on a shelf. I made it with the October kit from KNK. Had so much in it that I STILL have stuff left over to make more!! I made this for my Close to my heart club that meets once a month. We are doing silent auctions every meeting for a charity that help children. Its through CLTMH. This will be my contribution next month.



Scrapgoodies_002



Sunday night after I cleaned all my mess up and the kids had gone to bed I had some more inspiration. I did a layout of Taylor bug at the beach near my mothers house this last June. I am going to finish up the journalizing then will share it will y'all!!



A happy day to you!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh comeon' Robin! We had FUN up there in the snow and mud and wet and cold!! Seriously, although I have to admit I was somewhat stressed out, I had a blast and isn't it this stuff that memories are made of?! LOL
    Hugs!
    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories...those are nightmares Darla...sorry it really doesn't sound fun, but I know what she means about it being the stuff memories are made of. Your weekend sounds much better to me. Love all your projects. Is the BOO is a frame? Really cute things girl.

    ReplyDelete