Monday, June 7, 2010

party like its 1999.

My youngest son recently had a birthday and this year happened to be the year he could have a "friend" party. I don't do them very often cuz lets face it, its a HUGE hastle and I hate them. When I asked him what "theme" he wanted he decided on "Diary of a Wimpy kid". Its his MOST favorite series and he has read them a kazillion times. I searched the web and stores for anything wimpy and all I could find was a cute party pass (like a backstage pass) for a party to WATCH the movie AT the movies. I decided I would do it myself.


First I scanned the front cover of the front on one of the books. Then manipulated it in photo shop to have the title say "Birthday of a Wimpy kid". I used that as the front of the invitations.


IMG_0020


Then I took the same book and scanned several of the pictures or cartoons used to illustrate this goofy story. I made them all 1.5 x 1.5  inches in photo shop and printed out several sheets on card stock.


IMG_0019
Then I punched them with my hand punch and also punched a scallop border with my nessabilities die and glued 2 together with a toothpick in the middle for the tops of the cupcakes.


IMG_0021 IMG_0022
IMG_0023
I don't have a photo of the cupcakes because they are on a different camera!! lol. I used a red table cloth with blue and yellow plates to match the colors on the covers of the other books. It was a BLAST!


For gift boxes I used a die cut from the sweet treats cartidge on the cricut. There is a polka dot cupcake holder that I cut from yellow cardstock and inked it to look like moldy cheese! Yes that is a part of the book! I filled them up with candy and bouncy balls!



   



2 comments:

  1. You are just too clever. And you say you don't have anything to post...come on girl! Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! Very creative, I may enlist tour help in a few years:)

    ReplyDelete