Wednesday, September 23, 2009

smelly....



IMG_6458web




When my kids were little my favorite thing to do was give them a bath. I would lather them all up with soap and blow bubbles at them and listen to them giggle. Their little fingers would get all wrinkly and there skin would be so clean it would squeak.


Ok maybe not squeak but  you get the picture. Clean happy babies.


You want to know why I loved giving them baths?  The real reason?


I love the smell of johnson and johnson's baby shampoo. It's the best freaking smell in the world. Want to know what my boys smell like now? Dirt, girl cooties, dog, wet socks, sweat and the bus. They just have this weird odor the older they get. No matter what kind of shampoo I buy them, or even the manly deodorant, they all sort of stink at the end of the day. It's puberty right? Or is it just cuz their boys?



IMG_6426web



I am pretty sure I have the solution. I have found my next favorite smell on my boys. The smell of Hollister. Yes the smell of hollister, and good news!!!! You don't have to keep buying shirts from the mall, and not washing them! I say not washing them because before school started all of the shirts in chris's closet that came from Hollister  were unworn. I would stop and take a deep sniff when I was in there. I had plans to hold off on washing them just to keep the wonderful fragrance, but guess what!!??? It comes in spray form! That way I can spray them in secret as they run out the door to school. I can sniff them allllll I want when I hold them close. AND, I can wash their shirts..................


No matter how stinky they may be they are still adorable, and aliens.



IMG_6624web







3 comments:

  1. The day will come and you'll miss that sweaty little boy smell. They'll gladly put on the Hollister or some other cologne, hop in the car and go off with a girl for a date.
    Enjoy the time now. I'm just sayin'
    btw, J&J is the best freakin' smell! You are so right on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys...smelly? You're kidding aren't you? Love those boys. Glad that Chris is doing okay with the track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Pretty funny - ya know why? My dearest hubby can sniff out a Hollister store in a MALL anywhere in the country - drop him off at the mall entrance and he'll sniff out the Hollister without even a mere' request for direction! :O)

    ReplyDelete