Thursday, October 2, 2008

seriously now

Will I ever find a trimmer that will fit all my paper trimming needs? I have been through several trimmers since beginning the stamping/scrapping lifestyle. I started with this.



Personeltrimmermed



Great little trimmer but after i moved from mostly cards to mostly scrapping it was wayyyyy too small. So moved to this.....



Personeltrimmermed_2



Worked pretty well till the plastic warped.



then i went with a more deluxe model. Really no difference except in design.



Personeltrimmermed_3



I broke the arm thingy....



so i got this...



Scrapbookdotcom_2019_44906844



It has been my favorite so far



then I thought I HAD to have this....



Personeltrimmermed_5 



HATED THE THING WITH A PASSION!!!! Sold it at garage sale.



then I got this to replace the last one...



Personeltrimmermed_6



This one was way better than the mm but lately I have been unhappy with it. the paper at the bottom cuts ragged and i can never seem to get a straight cut. the main thing I hate is trying to trim thin strips of paper and not being able to put them under the guard without them moving before i can cut! I realized I really like trimmers with a bit of a grid on the RIGHT of the trimmer. Thats what I remember most about my cutterpede.



so last night I went and got this at Roberts at 40% off.



Personeltrimmermed_7



There is a bit of grid on the right, its a rotary, and has a gaurd. I haven't really had a chance to use it yet. I did take it out of the package this morning and cut a few papers with it. Seems to cut well and I like the little flap at the top. you just push it with your left thumb and it pops up just a bit to adjust paper. Seems to make that process faster! I will give a full review after I use the crap out of it!!!



2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!! I have the SAME ISSUE with cutters!!! I have done the same but stopped at the purple one! JES

    ReplyDelete
  2. ISNT THIS THE ETERNAL QUESTION OF ANY SCRAPBOOKER???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I doubt there will EVER be a perfect cutter out there.
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete