Monday, June 2, 2008

total genius....

I think anyway.



During the summer teachers recommend that students continue to read so that when they head back in the fall their Accelerated reader levels are where they should be. I have two boys that I really have to beg to read unless they have to. I hate have to reading. I totally agree they should read but its so hard for me to understand why they don't enjoy it as much as I do. I could sit for hours and read, even at their ages. So this summer we have come up with our own point system. To encourage chapter reading each kid will earn five points for each chapter. When they reach 150 points they get to pick from the prize box (yet to be done) and start all over again. So far both of my kids are LOVING this system. Taylor alone today has earned 90 points!! Chris is right behind him. Guess I should get myself moving on the prize box!!



3 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at what an awesome mother you are Robin! Good idea...what kind of books are they reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You are such a good mom, I could learn a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had thought of that when mine were younger! I haven't been by to read your blog in a few weeks. Your son looks great in his new glasses. Have a great summer, send the cold weather here, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete