Monday, February 4, 2008

comfort

I feel comfort as i look out my dining room window at the quarter sized flakes falling from a dark sky. The flakes are so big they float like feathers, swinging left to right. They are heavy and melt as they hit the window. I can feel the cool glass next to my cheek as I peer out at the yard. I am warm. I am happy. I am safe.



Safe from freezing temperatures and high winds. Safe from car accidents, and hypothermia. As long as I am here at this window in my warm home I am safe. I have no desire to venture out of doors. The sidewalk needs to be shoveled, as it has so many times before. I am done with that. I am fine if my car can't make it out of my driveway. Hibernation is number one of my list of things to do today.



3 comments:

  1. You almost make me "like" snow. Only if I could stay inside, read a book, have popcorn, sit by the fireplace....We have way too much wind with our big snowflakes for it to be much fun. But...loved your descriptive story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Lois you almost make me kind of like snow!! Well not really only if I could stay inside and never get out!! LOL!! I love your blogs, makes my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it sure is a nice feeling to be indoors and safe and just watch the beauty of it all.

    ReplyDelete