Wednesday, December 6, 2006

wondering, retreat, refresh

ever notice that life seems to be pushing you into a corner? With the walls coming closer and closer to your head till you feel squeezed into a space so small you explode? then soon after you take a break, a weekend, a walk, or a vacation and you feel relaxed and refreshed. Ready to head back to the 'real' world and tackle the corner all over again? With sick kids, major stress at work this week, and just the general apprehension of Christmas sneaking up, i want a vacation. Now. Not two weeks from now, not this weekend. Right now. I took a break from work, drove to the local Java hut (see my play on the star wars icon) and got a Almond Mocha Rocha with white chocolate instead of brown (or is is it dark?). And I had my vacation. I pulled off the side of the road and drank the creamy, smooth mocha and felt it on my tongue, then felt it drip down my throat. I feel sooo much better. I am ready again. I can see the corner from here. oh wait the kids came in with a ton of homework, someone is on hold waiting to yell at me, and my dad wants two quotes done right now. OK....well I am at the corner...anyone want to go pick me up some almond mocha Rocha with a side of tekillya?



2 comments:

  1. If I was there I would!!! LOL Hope you have a better day and those dang ol corners go away!! Or is it just life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL YOURE LUCKY ROBIN - I HAVE BEEN FEELING THAT WAY EVERY FEW HOURS!!! WE CAN SUFFER THROUGH IT TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete