Monday, November 30, 2009

thankfull

This thankful post is way past due. Way past. My aunt did pass away last week. The 24th to be exact. She fought and we all thought she would get better, not perfect but there was hope. She passed away suddenly tuesday morning. Our family decided to have thanksgiving dinner anyway. We have always had thanksgiving at her house. Its been that way since before i was born I think. Her son's and hubby decided we would do it there to honor her because that's what she would have wanted. We actually had fun. I cried all the way there feeling awfully sorry for myself and for my cousins. We all were missing our passed parent on this first Thanksgiving without them. My uncle gave a short speech and prayer before eating thanking God, and us for such a wonderful family. I do have a wonderful family. We are close, we love each other and help each other as much as possible. My grandmother is 91 years old. her GREAT GREAT grand baby was there and we made sure we got the photo op. I forgot my camera so I am hoping my cousin will email her shots she got.


Since I really can dwell on what I am NOT thankful for I am deciding to list what I am most thankful for.


1. My God. He is amazing and while have never been a preachy christian I believe in him whole heartedly and thank him for all my amazing blessings.


2. my kids. Gosh I love them.


3. my family, the crazy ones too.


4. My mother who is there for me when I need her, she being one of the crazy ones.


5. my friends who care for me as much as my family does.


6. my job. thank you GOD and my father for leaving me this business. (any one need life insurance, plug plug?)


7. my home. It took a lot of saving and hard work but I have my home and I love going home to it every night.


So there, I am thankful.



1 comment:

  1. You are making me tear up! Robin...I want you to know how much I love you. I'm so proud of the boys you are raising and I love them too. I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful one. Jeff & I couldn't have had a better one. Your boys were awesome and Taylor's pumpkin roll was soooo good. Thanks for sharing them with us. Love you a ton!
    I'll be in town tomorrow, and will hook up with you. Bringing your Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete