Friday, December 19, 2008

peace and quiet

thats what I will have for the next week. Peace and quiet. But I would trade that all for Christmas with my kids. Today they head to my ex's to spend a week being merry and fighting at his house. While I will be home cleaning every inch of my house. That's my favorite past time while they are gone. No not really but I can pretend right. I do clean a lot while they are gone because that means no one comes along and messes it back up again. I try to do this the first day they are gone so I have the rest of the time alone to do what I want WHEN I want. So that I look forward to. But its still sad when they are gone, and the jolly old elf has come and gone and no one is there to care.


I did however, because I am such a nice mom (or maybe just a push over) let them open one gift before they went to school. I told them they had to be all ready for school and we had to get the suit cases and presents loaded in the car first. Well in order to GET to the flippen car I had to shovel snow...again. While I was shoveling snow. My kids opened their gifts. Taylor opened one from me. The easy bake oven. Now I know what you are thinking. You got him an easy bake oven? Hell yeah. This kid LOVES to cook and experiment. This way he can do that! He was soooo excited! I was glad he didn't burst into tears or think that it was dumb. He was ready to try it right then and there, but we had to leave! Poor kid.


Chris opened up a present Taylor got him. its a bakugan game. I guess Chris was excited, so excited all the parts and pieces are strewn all over my living room floor. Ahhh a little bit of Christmas morning a bit early...lol


So anyway i was out shoveling (breaking my back and ruining my hair) while they opened these gifts! i didn't even get to see them opening them. They said they were sorry after I started to cry. PMS, Christmas, Ex husbands and snow do not go well together. They apologized and said if i wanted to I could watch them open another? HA! lol


Merry Christmas easter bunny.



3 comments:

  1. Thinking about you. I've been feeling sorry for myself because mine are not little boys anymore. The Christmas excitement has come and gone. But I can't imagine. It's okay to cry.
    Hang in there girl. If your house gets too clean, you can come to Florida (74 degrees as I type) and clean, not really, just hang here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Cleaning huh? Come to my house okay? Sorry that you have that dang ex, sorry the kids opened your gift without you there to see, sorry you had to shovel snow...but Robin dear...things could be soooo much worse. I'll have to call or email you with details.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and thanks for the order....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. It could be worse - I think Lois will tell you. Cherish the time when they are young and even if they are gone for Christmas, they love you and miss you. Thanksfully they aren't going to an abusive other parent. They are lucky boys to have some much love around them from everyone in their lives.

    ReplyDelete