Monday, December 8, 2008

Coco card.....

Saturday was my day at KNK to do a gift for our 12 gifts of christmas!!!! The designers over there have been CHALK full of great ideas!!! Here is my gift! I got the idea off a blog a bit back and I figured out the template for a swiss miss hot chocolate pack but in all reality you can put just about anything in it. Gift Cards, candy, etc....


Photobucket


Apologies first.....
I had a hard time writing out the instructions for this card box, so I had my 8 year old film the steps. Sorry if its a bit shaky and hard to see at times.



Following the written steps is the link to the filmed steps....



Supplies needed

8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock ( i am using CS out of the december kit)
bone folder and ruler for scoring or
a trimmer with a scoring blade
heavy duty glue or tape runner
embelishments or stamps

1. Turn CS so 11 inch side is horizontal
2. Score CS at 1/4 then at 3.5, then at 4 inches, then at 7 1.4 inches then again at 7 3/4 inches. This will give your box a depth of 1/2 and inch and the width of 3 1/4.





Then turn your CS the other direction. Score each side at 1 inche then at 1.5 inches.




Using your trimmer or scissors cut your cs at the 1 1/2 score line you just made up toward the top of the sheet that has the 1/4 inch score line. STOP at the 4 inch score line that you did in the 2nd step. That score line is the side of your box. See video link below for clarification.


 


After you end up with your T shape Cut the little corners of the box that were made by your score lines




Now you are ready to decorate!
Fold all your score lines leaving the "pretty" side of your cs on the mountain side of your folds. The CS I am using is the cranberry color with the shimmer from the december kit. I wanted the shiny side on the outside of my box. 



decorate the front and inside before you glue! I have added more embelishments and ribbon to my front.

To glue the box glue the 1/4 inch strip and the bottom flaps of your "inside" part of the card.



Be sure to let it sit and dry before you put the coco pack into the box.




2 comments:

  1. I did leave a comment early but I am on drugs (wonderful drugs) and I don't see it.
    Anyhow Robyn I loved your video it was A B C order and that is just what I need. Hugs to your little camera man he did a GREAT job. I can't wait to make these tomorrow morning.
    Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome instructional video! SERIOUSLY! I hate it when you get rushed thru and have no clue where you are on the next step - great job! AND it is SOOOOOO cute!
    HUGS Darla

    ReplyDelete